[gui-talk] Uploading to Amazon Music esktop

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sat Nov 25 15:36:40 UTC 2017

I uploaded a bunch of music a couple of weeks ago and as I recall, I had to
do a mouse click using the JAWS keys on an unlabeled button.  To do this,
when I found a button that seemed worth trying, I pressed the JAWS key with
the Dash on the Numeric pad to route JAWS cursor to PC and then press the
SLASH key on the Numeric pad.  With newer browsers and some software, the
JAWS cursor may not speak any text and trying to read the current line can
cause it to move off the button so just try pressing the SLASH after routing
the cursor without doing anything else.  Then, I was presented with a more
or less standard browse dialog that I was able to navigate successfully.  In
addition, I believe there are two separate dialogs for uploading single
files and another for selecting entire folders to upload.  I did not have to
physically drag and drop any files.  If you get an upload working, it can
take a long time to complete.  Partly, upload speeds are much slower than
download speeds for most of us, but beyond that, the Amazon servers can be
very slow as well.

I'm sorry my memory isn't clearer, and perhaps I can revisit this later in
case there is something to add to this, but I'm hoping this can get you
started.  The Amazon app is frustrating.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson