[gui-talk] smart TV

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 21:54:10 UTC 2017

Hi. If you can spend a few dollars more, you might consider the Apple
TV. Though it is not a TV exactly, it is a box that you hook up to a
TV or stereo. The neat thing about Apple TV is it speaks with
Voiceover in every part of the system, not just on the TV guide or in
some sections as the Roku or other cheaper options. Note, I don't have
a Roku, and may not know its full capabilities. I do know that I can
access anything from apps, to music, to settings, to streaming TV
shows and channels, and more. The Apple TV retails for $150 for the 32
gig or $199 for the 64 gig, but you can also find them refurbished and
combined with other offers for cheaper. I have watched many YouTube
videos, streamed music, and watched current and classic TV shows with
the CBS app with my Apple TV. Totally worth the purchase, especially
if you are already familiar with VoiceOver gestures.

Wayne

--
Connect with me on GoodReads:
www.goodreads.com/waynesbooks