[gui-talk] Never turn FilterKeys on. Ask how I know.

Jen spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 10 02:55:50 UTC 2017

So I thought my keyboard speed was slow, and I tried to increase it. I went
to the "Ease of Access Center" and into the "Make your keyboard easier to
use" link. There was a radio button called, "Turn on Bounce Keys," which was
checked. When I pressed Down Arrow to uncheck it, the keyboard was
inaccessible to JAWS and did not work with JAWS. Instead, when I pressed
keys, it only made little beeping sounds.

I had to get a sighted person to help me turn "Filter Keys" off with the
mouse to avert the mini-crisis I caused.

So don't do what I did.