[gui-talk] JFW 18 question reading incoming email

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Mon Jan 9 22:53:33 UTC 2017

Okay, maybe I think more clearly on GUI-Talk or something, but your problem
is not exactly what I thought it was when you reported it on
Electronics-Talk, but that probably was my mistake.  I don't know if this
will help, but press ALT-F and arrow down to options.  You will be on the
general tab.  Press RIGHT ARROW to get to the mail tab and then tab over to
Desktop Alerts.  If it is checked, uncheck it.  Just before that, there is
an option to show an envelope in the Task Bar.  You probably should uncheck
that as well.  If both of these items were already not checked, then I just
wasted a little more of your time.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson