[gui-talk] Installing A Dictionary In Office 365

Louis Maher ljmaher at swbell.net
Wed Apr 26 18:18:12 UTC 2017

Folks,

A week or so ago, I lost my spelling dictionary in my Office 365 desktop
application.  With the help of the Microsoft Disability Hotline
(1-800-936-5900), here is the solution.

Make a word file with a mispelled word in it. Hit f7 to start the spell
checker.  if you do not have a dictionary it will say so. Tab until you are
on "get a dictionary".  Hit enter. Use f6 to get to your list of
dictionaries.  Find the download button below the dictionary you want.  Hit
the button, and you are done.

The secret is that when you hit the "get a dictionary" link, a list of
dictionaries opens in another window.  Unless you can see it, you will not
be aware that a new frame has opened.  F6 will take you to that frame.

The "Disability Help Desk" is extremely useful to the blind.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838
E-mail: ljmaher at swbell.net