[gui-talk] Apple I Pad

Santiago Velasquez zanty410 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 03:30:53 UTC 2016

Hi don. I hope all is well.

Those are two good options. If you are considering either iPad pro, there isn’t much of a difference with regards to price between them and a Mac Book, or a Mac Book Air. With that in mind, do you think that you will ever use the extra features that a full computer has? A file system, the ability to use external storage, and the openness of its operating system? With the current iPads you will not be able to use USBs as easily as in the Macs and you don’t have a file system. Basically this means that if you receive any attachments in an email, you can only open those attachments if there is an App that is able to read them. However, you cannot download them and put them in folders like what you would do in a computer. Regarding accessibility both line of products have screen readers, Magnification and other features, so either way you will not be disadvantaged if you choose one product over the other. The iPad mini has the same features as the iPad pros, you just won’t be able to use the pen, but as far as I am aware, the pen does not include any extra accessibility features. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

The Mac Book is equally portable as most of the iPads. However, it grants its user more freedom. At the end both products are great, you just have to ask if you need a full fledged computer, or can you perform your tasks using a mobile operating system.

There are plenty of Bluetooth keyboards for the iPad, and now days most of them are very reliable. just try to stay away from no name brands. On that note, you can by a Keyboard for either iPad pro and that does not connect via bluetooth. I have not used it, so maybe somebody else could chime in here with their experiences

All the best
Santi