[gui-talk] I would like to hear from 9.5 WindowEyes users

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Wed Oct 5 18:11:11 UTC 2016

The following are my opinions and not those of NLS.
Unless you are using the version of Window-Eyes that comes with Microsoft Office or have an SMA, there is a charge for upgrading to 9.5. I use 9.5 on 3 different computers at home. It loses focus somewhat more often than the pre-9.0 versions did, but is stable enough that it is still my primary screen reader. Remember that with web pages in particular, the browse buffer is dynamic rather than static, so it is easy for you to get ahead of the computer while you are navigating through web pages. Also, starting at about 9.2, Window-Eyes can be restarted with ctrl-alt-W, especially if you switch your focus to the desktop and away from the program that seems to be hanging.
These days it is important to be acquainted with more than one screen reader and more than one browser.
Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Library of Congress
Washington, DC 20542   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls/
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress, NLS.