[gui-talk] Wells Fargo Web Site Changes

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Mon Nov 21 17:26:13 UTC 2016

Hi Everyone,

As many of you may know, there has been a dramatic revision to the Wells
Fargo web site.  So far, I have been able to do everything I need to do
although it isn't always obvious at first how one should proceed.  However,
I have been contacted by one low vision user who says he is unable to
magnify the new site on a Windows tablet in the same way as he used to, and
he says the colors are very poor, light print on a white background.  Is
there anyone who can comment on that problem and offer any alternatives?

This may well be a case where accessibility is less of an issue than getting
some pointers how to deal with the new interface.  I found, for example,
that when transferring money, one is first presented with a list of accounts
rather than the sort of all-in-one dialog with combos for the from and "to"
accounts.  Once I pressed enter on one of the accounts, I was able to
proceed, but I did not see anything that specifically told me that the list
of the accounts was a list of the "From" accounts, although one might infer
that.  I'm not sure that the new interface for transferring money doesn't
actually work better than the old interface.  However, I don't know what
there might be in terms of options for low vision users that are not using
low vision software.  Does anyone have experiences to share?

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson