[gui-talk] webvisum status

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Fri Jan 29 11:29:01 UTC 2016

Starting with the latest release of Firefox, version 44, unsigned,
third-party extensions like Webvisum will no longer work.  This is because
Mozilla has begun enforcing strict security standards to prevent hackers
from infecting third-party extensions with malware.  Webvisum was abandoned
by its developers a few years ago and so is no longer maintained and thus
remains unsigned.  Don't bother trying to contact them because they have not
responded to email inquiries in years.  Webvisum will only work with Firefox
42 or earlier, so you either have to roll back to this version to continue
using Webvisum or else switch to Rumola, an alternate image captcha solving
service that costs only 99 cents for 50 credits and works with both Firefox
and IE.

Gerald