[gui-talk] [EXTERNAL] Technology instructor opening at Criss Cole

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 15:02:21 UTC 2016

It's true. People move on, people change careers, go for better jobs;
it's the nature of work. Yes I've been posting a lot in the last few
years about openings for technology instructors. My supervisor has
told me several times before, that due to me posting like this and
putting out the word on social media, he has gotten a lot more
applicants for the positions than he ever did before, when the jobs
were posted internally or simply on the state's job site. Several
people who have applied and gotten jobs in our department, did so
because they saw my posts on lists and social media. One of those in
fact was Jeanine Lineback, who moved onto bigger and better things
several years ago but spent 4 years here. We can always use more high
quality applicants and we are doing more diverse training now than
ever before. At some point, I will move onto a bigger and better job,
and someone else in my department will have to take the duty of
posting these announcements. Also, there has been interest from people
on the Trainer Talk list regarding getting into AT training as a
career. This would be a great way to do that.

Sincerely,
Wayne Merritt