[gui-talk] {Spam?} Re: dell audio

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at sprynet.com
Sun Feb 7 12:51:00 UTC 2016

As far as I know, a lot of the Dell software is inaccessible. I don't know
what GUI framework they used.
But on my desktop Dell computer, in addition to the inaccessible Dell Audio
program, there are a lot of settings and effects which can be tweaked from
the Windows 10 sound program. Look at Playback Devices, Advanced settings,
and realize that this is a tabbed dialog box with many settings you can mess
up. I think you wanted to get more bass output. My experience was that
adding these so-called enhancements causes delay in production of speech, so
I turned that stuff off. If I wanted more effects, I would do them through a
stereo, a digital audio recorder or some other device, in order to keep the
computer running efficiently as a computer.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com