[gui-talk] Issue with JAWS 17 and Word in Windows 10

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 21:12:24 UTC 2016

Greetings. I sent the following issue to Freedom Scientific's tech
support and was told that since I was running Windows through Boot
Camp, they could not help me. Has anyone heard of this problem and
know how I can fix it? My issue is below.

I have a support inquery regarding using JAWS 17 with Word
 2016 on Windows 10 2nd anniversary edition. I should say from the
 beginning that I am running Windows 10 on a MacBook Pro using Boot
 Camp. Each time I write something or change something in my Word
 document, when I switch to another window and then try to switch back
 to the open Word document, JAWS always loses focus. I have had to use
 the list running applications keystroke of Insert F10 to switch back
 to my Word document. This is a very annoying issue since it happens
 every time I want to switch back to an open or blank Word document.
 Please look into this.

Thanks,
Wayne

--