[gui-talk] Microsoft Edge

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 15:45:02 UTC 2016

As a result of the NFB's latest convention resolution against Apple, I
did some research on past NFB resolutions and found 20 since 2009
which were directed at Google, Amazon and Microsoft regarding issues
and inaccessible products. This is not meant to drudge up that whole
debate, but rather to point out that we have accessible Kindle devices
now thanks to years of the NFB "going after" Amazon through
resolutions, protests, and other ways. Even Microsoft has said that
Edge is not accessible, however they have also done great work in
making Windows 10 accessible and their other products. Let's not give
up on them just yet. If there were no Windows alternative to Edge for
web browsing, that would be one thing. As was pointed out though,
instead of Edge, we can use Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome,
and so forth to access the web. We are not bound to Edge and nothing
else.

Kind regards,
Wayne