[gui-talk] Installing Windows10 Questions

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 5 21:10:44 UTC 2015

Dave and list,

Having just concluded a course and windows 10 from Cisco Academy for vision impaired, I am informed that one can in fact install windows 10 without side of assistance. In the first phase of a three phase process you can use your screen reader to set initial windows installation parameters. Speech will not be available to you in the second phase which involves a lot of copying and installing of files, starting and restarting the machine, etc. for the third and final phase you will be able to complete by launching narrator with windows+Enter.

I am told it will not hurt your computer to try launching Narrator prematurely.  Just keep trying until you hear speech. The only caveat is that you will need cited assistance if you want to petition your hard drive during the installation.

Last but not least, if you want the free installation of windows 10 you will need to run the upgrade which will then enable you to do a fresh installation because the windows 10 upgrade will cause a new Windows 10 serial number to be created.

HTH and best regards,
Rob tabor first vice president NFB of Kansas