[gui-talk] changing my browser

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Mon May 11 16:24:50 UTC 2015

Not surprisingly, I tend to agree with Steve (see his message below).

Additionally, however, I think it's fair to note that not all Internet
streams have the same volume level by default and many streams can't be
turned up to an ear-splitting level on the computer itself because of the
parameters governing the encoding and transmission of the audio. That's why
sound editing programs have the capacity to normalize and increase volumes
of streams. I routinely have to increase the volume of snippets of baseball
games I record because the default volume is lower than I'd like and this
involves recalculation of the actual digital file elements.

Mike