[gui-talk] Technology opening at Criss Cole in Austin TX

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 19:42:04 UTC 2015

I am sending this to multiple lists, so if you have already seen it
once then my apologies.

Good afternoon. The Criss Cole Rehabilitation Center, in Austin, TX,
has an opening for a technology trainer. We train blind and low vision
adults how to use screen readers and magnifiers (like JAWS and Zoom
Text), mobile devices such as the iPhone and Android devices, and
mainstream applications like Windows 7, Word, Internet Explorer,
Outlook, and other programs in MS Office. That I know of, neither CCRC
nor the Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services (the
umbrella agency) offer any relocation assistance. Though there is a
closing date of March 12 on the job post, it is opened until filled.
This is a full time position with full benefits. I am not the person
who is hiring for the job, but am simply passing the information
along. I have worked in the Technology department at CCRC for over
nine years. There is a good mix of people here ranging from some that
started last year to those that date back to around the year 2000. If
you have any questions, please contact me off list. If you are
interested, or know someone who may be a good fit, then please visit
http://tinyurl.com/nww7mek
If that does not take you to the job post, then visit the following address:
https://jobshrportal.cpa.texas.gov/ENG/careerportal/default.cfm
Put CCRC in the edit box, choose Austin frm the list of cities, and
hit search. The job title is Technology Instructor I. Good luck.

Best,
Wayne Merritt
wcmerritt at gmail.com