[gui-talk] Windows 10 update problem

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at sprynet.com
Sun Dec 6 20:38:30 UTC 2015

I don't know which update this is. But I ran a major update last night, and
it turned on audio enhancements for my sound card and reduced the output
level by 12 dB. I was able to go into the audio playback device, find the
Properties tab and turn enhancements off, then go to the Levels tab and turn
the output back up near 100%. This is using Window-Eyes 9.2 with the GW
Micro-specific version of Nuance Tom premium.
I may have mentioned before that the drivers associated with the upgrade
from Windows 7 to Windows 10 disabled my RadioShack Gigaware USB-to-serial
adapters, because they apparently contained fake Prolific chips. I continue
to use these adapters on another computer that is continuing with Windows 7
for now.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com