[gui-talk] Fw: [Nfbc-info] identity theft alert

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Tue Sep 23 01:38:55 UTC 2014

I'm very confused. To my knowledge, that site is nothing more than a
site for pasting text blocks and getting a link to them, such as for
tech support in an IRC channel. I also don't see any way this actually
relates to blindness. I'm open to being told what I'm missing though.

Typical use of this and similar sites works like this: I am in a text
support channel, IRC or similar, and I am having problems with a piece
of program code. Pasting a 50-line block of code into an IRC channel
is decidedly rude, so I go to a site like this, paste it there into an
edit box, get a link to it, and put just the link into the text chat
I'm in, so those interested in helping me can see my code in their
browsers without me spamming the channel.

So pastebin and others like it publicize only and exactly what users
put there. If a credit card number, SSN, or something like that is put
up, it's because a user on the Internet put it there, not because
Pastebin put it there.