[gui-talk] Optical Recognition of pdf image files

Dean Martineau dean at topdotenterprises.com
Tue Jul 22 14:48:16 UTC 2014

Though I suspect it won't be a great solution in this case, I want to remind
people that you can send pdf documents for conversion into readable formats
via e-mail. Attach the document to a message to convert at robobraille.org.  If
you leave the subject blank, you get back a .txt attachment with the text of
the document OCRed.  Pub doc in the subject line for a word document.  For a
form like this, you might at least be able to glean some idea of its
contents by using this process.  I find it gives as good a document as I can
get from those pdf's that contain no text, as good as K1000, and often good
enough for me to read the document well.

Dean

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dean.martineau.7
Twitter: @deantopdot
Subscribe to the free weekly Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday at
http://www.flying-blind.com