[gui-talk] Accessible Internet Speed Test

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Mon Jul 7 17:24:06 UTC 2014

Well, I don't even have to use the command prompt in order to check relative
download speeds.  I can simply choose a particular book on the BARD site and
download it today and again tomorrow when my DSL service is supposed to be
upgraded to a faster tier using the regular IE file download dialog.  Then I
can simply compare the estimated time left and the download rates of both
downloads to see whether there is any noticeable difference between them.  I
was told that my download speed would increase from about 1 mbps to 3 mbps,
so   a book that is reported to take about 30 minutes to download today
should only take about 10 minutes to download tomorrow.

Gerald