[gui-talk] would like some help after disconnecting from cable tv

beth.wright at mindspring.com beth.wright at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 2 10:00:55 UTC 2014

Hi, listers.  After experiencing astronomical increases in my monthly cable bill, I decided I'd had enough and disconnected the service. I was told by a friend that, if I got an indoor antenna for my TV, I wouldn't have any problems getting my local channels over the air. Unfortunately, the antenna doesn't work at my location, the signal is extremely weak, and I can get only a couple of channels. Has anyone else on the list been successful in cutting the cord and getting good tv reception or is this just not possible in some some locations? If that's the case, are there any receivers you can bufor that will broadcast the sound from the TV stations? I know that, before everything was converted to digital, some -panies made radios with TV sound bands. In fact, I have one, but, of course, it doesn't work since the signals from the local TV channels are now digital. Thanks in advance for any help.  Beth Wright