[gui-talk] piece of malware keeps coming back.

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sun Sep 22 01:34:34 UTC 2013

Ken,

Scan any jump drives, external hard drives,  or SD cards you have to be sure it isn't hiding on one of them.  Of course, if you find it on one of them, you'll have to rescan your computer as well.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 05:34:20 -0400, ken lawrence wrote:

>Hi list accidentally downloaded a medium level threat called Safrsaf from a bogus MP3 site.  have killed it with security essentials and malwarebytes twice now and it keeps coming back.  it only impacts firefox
and I uninstalled and reinstalled a new clean copy of it and it is coming back.  basicly all this does is install unwanted toolbars and runs autoplayed commercials popups and links asking you to update your
media player to a socalled flashplayer 12.  as mentioned killed it with malwarebytes and security essentials already and itâ¬"s back again.  scanned with malwarebytes and it picked it up.  now scanning with
security essentials.  have also run Ccleaner to be double sure.  will probably do that again.  the bogus site and MP3 that contained the file originally has been reported to the singer whos song contained the file
too.  why does this thing keep coming back when it has apparently been killed by both malwarebytes and security essentials.  should I maybe try spybot?  is spybot 2.0 up to date with a full version?  have to
uninstall the demo of that first.  is it more accessible?  thanks.  again this is a mid level threat according to security essentials.