[gui-talk] TTable Column Not Displaying or Printing

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Sat Oct 26 14:42:35 UTC 2013

Good morning again everyone,

    Yesterday I posted a question concerning an issue we're having with a
table of contacts. One of the columns includes a list of telephone numbers.
JAWS indicates that this column is present when the table is read but the
column does not appear on the screen or when the document is printed. We
used Microsoft Word 2010 to create the document and its accompanying table.
The table consists of 7 columns and over 100 rows of entries. All columns
display visually except column 7. We need to know how to adjust the table so
all columns detected by JAWS display visually and appear when the document
is printed. We're using JAWS 14 under Windows 7 Home Premium if that helps.

    There obviously needs to be a feature added to future releases of JFW to
alert the user when a table is too large to display on the screen or printed
out in its entirety so adjustments can be made to correct this issue. A
remedy for this situation would be very much appreciated before the list of
entries grows astronomically.

Peter Donahue

 “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper.”
Isaiah 54:17

 “While for our princes they prepare
In caverns deep a burning snare,
He shot from heaven a piercing ray,