[gui-talk] Collumn Width in Word Tables

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Mon Oct 21 21:31:45 UTC 2013

Good afternoon everyone,

    I'm creating a Word 2010 document containing a table. The table has 7
columns and all ready contains over 50 entries. I'm needing to know how to
adjust the column width so the entries read correctly i.e. both my first and
last name appearing on the same line in a cell not my last name on a line
below my first name  in the table cell. Older versions of Microsoft Office
have a "Best fit" option that adjusts the width of cells and columns so cell
entries appear correctly. If someone can tell me how to correct this
behavior in Word 2010 I and the person who will receive this document later
this week will appreciate it very much.

Peter Donahue

 “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper.”
Isaiah 54:17

 “While for our princes they prepare
In caverns deep a burning snare,
He shot from heaven a piercing ray,