[gui-talk] how do you unmute youtube?

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sat Oct 5 14:55:45 UTC 2013

On youtube, there are pre-html5 videos and html5 videos.  I don't know
which you have tried to play.  Have you tried appending the string
"&html5=1" onto the end of the url you're trying to play, or is that
string already the end of the url you're trying to play?  If it's
already the end of the url you're trying to play, you might try
stripping it off and try playing that edited url.  If you've tried all
of this and none of it works, then this is not an
youtube-transition-to-html5-video-transition issue and I have no idea
what might be causing your problem unless no sound track was ever put on
the video you're trying to play.  If that's a video you've heard before,
then that last possibility is out the window too.