[gui-talk] undefaulting a search engine.

ken lawrence kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Wed Mar 20 11:34:02 UTC 2013

Hi list ken made a goof today.  this morning when I picked up the update from microsoft I decided to go back and get the optional update.  My bad it was bing desktop.  well when I completed the update not realizing what I had installed I accidentally default set MSN as my default search.  I uninstalled that and the bing bar from my computer but now when I use the search/address bar on chrome it shows the MSN page.  have looked at the settings in chrome and think I have done it right by checking google but MSN is still showing as default.  so since this is likely system wide and not just chrome how do I tell chrome I don’t want to use MSN.  even when these programs are uninstalled I can’t seem to uncheck that little booboo.