[gui-talk] ChromeBook Testing

Mike Arrigo n0oxy at charter.net
Thu Mar 14 14:24:04 UTC 2013

I have a chromebook that Google sent me for testing. It does have a
built in screen reader called chromevox. This is also available for
chrome on windows or the mac.
Chromevox provides very good accessibility to the chromebook, and you
can't beat it for the price.
If you are used to a regular computer that runs windows or the mac
operating system, you will find the chromebook limiting. While you can
view files and play media off line, the chromebook assumes you run most
things in the cloud. It does not run things such as skype or office,
though you could use google docs. Basically, the chromebook does not do
much without an internet connection. It's good to have as a second
computer, perhaps just for doing email or surfing the web, but it will
not replace a pc or mac, and, actually I don't think it's intended to do that.