[gui-talk] Windows8 Questions

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri Mar 8 18:40:36 UTC 2013

dave:

tabbed browsing means that one can keep several pages in the browser, thus preserving one's place in each page and allowing one to switch between pages without having to hold multiple windows open at the same time. Most people (including me) find that this clutters up the screen less than having open windows does. I also suspect that using tabbed browsing uses less computer resources since, in effect, only one browser window is open at a time. Yet one has access to all the windows.
For an example, I use tabs to put NLS books on my BARD wish-list without losing my place on the new books page or having to click several times to get back to it. This method is also faster.

Mike Freeman
sent from my iPhone