[gui-talk] Disk Drive Questions

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Thu Mar 7 23:47:41 UTC 2013

Does that machine have an empty slot that a DVD drive could use?  If
yes, you could first buy another hard drive and then buy a drive sled
system.  The drive sled system would have to be installed at a computer
shop and has a drive holder connected to power and data cables and lives
in that slot for the DVD.  That holder has tracks on both sides of it.
You open the drive sled up and hook up the hard drive inside the sled
both data and power connections.  Then close the sled up and insert the
sled into the holder and push all the way back.  Next, you use the key
you got with your sled to lock the sled inside the sled holder.  Once
that's done, you have an unformatted extra drive in your machine which
will not be drive c:.  If you don't have a spare slot for a DVD, you
need to go for the external drive with drive holder as I wrote earlier
or go for cloud connection as securely as possible.