[gui-talk] speaker conflict

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Dec 22 22:49:07 UTC 2013

I'm afraid this may be a HP problem. I encountered this situation a few
months ago and it crashed my system. I had to go back to do a system restore
from the "last good configuration" and System Backup is still messed up. I
can't get the System Backup system service to stay up -- this even though
all the necessary services are running. I haven't bothered to go in in safe
Mode with a reader to see what the hangup is but I'm reluctrant to reload
Windows et al because everything else is working right.

BTW, I can still do a full system backup -- I just can't schedule one.

I'm using a HP DV7 laptop.

Mike