[gui-talk] New Captcha-Solving Service for Blind Computer Users

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Thu Sep 13 16:36:29 UTC 2012

Here are the instructions directly from the ZCaptcha site for taking a
screen shot for both Mac and Windows:

Taking a Screenshot on the Mac
list of 8 items
1. Navigate through the form with the captcha image until you reach the
field to enter the code. The image will be in the vicinity of this field.
2. Optionally go into full-screen mode by pressing control-option-F. This
will make the captcha image more visible, but you should be fine without it
as
well.
3. Press command-shift-3. You will hear a sound as though a picture were
just taken. The screenshot is saved to your desktop, with the date and time.
For
instance: Screen Shot 2012-09-10 at 7.31.18 PM.png
4. Go to this page to upload your screenshot.
5. Press the "Choose File" button and navigate to the screenshot that you
just took. Press enter once you have found it to select that file.
6. Press "Upload Screenshot" to upload your file.
7. Now wait several minutes until you receive an e-mail, or check back at
your
ZCaptcha Panel
to check on the progress of your captcha. Have patience, as sometimes it
takes several minutes to be processed.
8. Once you have received the code, copy it with command-c, and paste it
into the captcha field in your form with command-v once VoiceOver is focused
on
the field.
list end

Taking a Screenshot on Windows
list of 10 items
1. Navigate through the form with the captcha image until you reach the
field to enter the code. The image will be in the vicinity of this field.
2. Optionally follow these tips for a more accurate screenshot:
list of 2 items nesting level 1
. Maximize the window by pressing alt-space, followed by x.
. Route the JAWS cursor to the PC cursor. On the desktop layout, press
insert-num pad minus. On the laptop layout, press capslock-left bracket.
list end nesting level 1
3. Press the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard. You may instead press
alt-Print Screen to only capture the active window. The screenshot will now
be copied
on your clipboard.
4. Open a graphics program such as MS Paint, and press ctrl-V to paste the
image.
5. Press ctrl-S to save this file. Enter in a name of your choosing and save
it somewhere where you can easily find it again.
6. Go to this page to upload your screenshot.
7. Press the "Choose File" button and navigate to the screenshot that you
just took.
8. Press "Upload Screenshot" to upload your file.
9. Now wait several minutes until you receive an e-mail, or check back at
your
ZCaptcha Panel
to check on the progress of your captcha. Have patience, as sometimes it
takes several minutes to be processed.
10. Once you have received the code, copy it with command-c, and paste it
into the captcha field in your form with command-v once VoiceOver is focused
on
the field.
list end

Gerald