[gui-talk] Microsoft Security essentials

Rick Roderick rickrod at insightbb.com
Wed Mar 28 14:33:01 UTC 2012

I had some difficulties with Avast, so I switched to Microsoft Security
Essentials.  I find the program to be accessible, but annoying.  Every time
it cleans my computer or removes something, it demands a reboot before the
action is completed.

It says I have some kind of adware.  I have tried removing it and
quarantining it.  It seems to be gone.  I delay the reboot.  Yet, when I
actually reboot, I get the word Clean in the status line of Microsoft Mail.
This appears to be an endless cycle.  What should I do?