[gui-talk] problems with TTS voices

Beth Wright beth.wright at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 3 01:45:49 UTC 2012

Hi, folks.

I just bought a couple of text-to-speech voices from Ivona to use for reading Blio for Windows.  I downloaded, and installed, and activated them, and all went well.  I selected one of the voices to read text aloud, but can't get anything but the default voice from Microsoft Narrator.  When I check the speech settings in Blio, the Ivona voice shows up as the one selected, but it's the voice from Microsoft that does the reading.  If anybody has any ideas on what I may be doing wrong, I'd certainly appreciate them.

Beth Wright