[gui-talk] is webvisum no more?

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Jun 21 04:00:52 UTC 2012

Humberto:

What is this "must" jazz? FS and GW Micro don't have to do a bloody thing!
Besides, let's assume that they *do* institute some sort of CAPTCHA-solving
tool. Don't you think the bad guys will reverse-engineer it and then web
developers will just come up with some hoops even more inconvenient to jump
through than CAPTCHAs. What web developers want is something easy to
develop, works on multiple web-page-generating platforms and is "set and
forget". If that makes things inconvenient for us -- a small minority -- so
what? I think we're getting a bit grandiose in our thinking here.

Mike