[gui-talk] is webvisum no more?

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Jun 21 02:58:20 UTC 2012

I've stayed silent until now. However, the wording of your question disturbs me. You ask if the blind have lost the freedom to solve CAPTCHAs. The blind haven't ever *lacked* the freedom to solve CAPTCHAs. They just didn't have electronic tools to do so until Salona and Webvism. WE, the blind, could always use a reader if we felt it sufficiently important, just as we could and still must do so often with snailmail. To me, readers are a perfectly respectable tool to solve CAPTCHAs, if someone inconvenient at times. With the exception of PayPal, I choose not to patronize sites that use CAPTCHAs. That solves my problem for me. (grin)

Mike