[gui-talk] free application for converting BRF to word files

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at sprynet.com
Sat Jun 16 14:09:55 UTC 2012

Nothing, including Duxbury, is going to accurately reformat braille files
into Word documents.  Not enough information is present in the files to help
a program guess whether a line was indented because it is a heading, is a
runover from a perevious line, etc.  A lot of work went into producing the
file formatted for braille, and many changes are made when going from print
to braille which cannot be undone without access to the original print
material.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls