[gui-talk] free application for converting BRF to word files

Dean Martineau dean at topdotenterprises.com
Fri Jun 15 20:40:59 UTC 2012

Well, unfortunately, you do get what you pay for. You won't find anything free which is comparable to the $600 Duxbury program.

My quick and dirty solution to these problems is to use regular expressions. I run the back-translated file through Ed-Sharp, though one could use many text editors. There I can strip out any carriage return not followed by a capital letter, and/or not preceded by one of several sentence-ending punctuation marks. If the brf file is marked with indented paragraphs, this is easier. These results aren't perfect, but they makever for a more readable file. You can also use these techniques  to strip unwanted line breaks from the brf file before back translating it.

Dean