[gui-talk] infopath 2007 and sharepoint2010 further details

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Jun 8 04:03:12 UTC 2012

sharepoint 2010 can be configured to collect calendar events and
appointments from outlook.  Update outlook once this is done and
sharepoint automatically collects and updates as well.
For output from sharepoint export to excel is possible in some
organizations depending on security restrictions.  N.M.C.I. has security
restrictions so that won't be possible in organizations "serviced" by
N..M.C.I.  Download of sharepoint documents is possible but what can be
used to handle those once downloaded I don't yet know.
Okay that was all of the bad news so let's move along to the good news.
Sharepoint programmers can make infopath 2007 forms to collect user input
for sharepoint libraries.  Once these get made jaws can be used to open
them through internet explorer on the web and in order for a jaws user to
fill them out, they'll need to turn off virtual cursor in jaws 10.x and
probably later and then arrow down through the form to hear the questions
and land on edit boxes and check boxes and combo boxes to answer the
questions.  Handle the edit boxes and check boxes and combo boxes the way
you normally do with jaws.  Eventually you get the submit button and if
you did everything right, the form filling experience will end up being a
painless success for you.  Earlier because of a data call I was also able
to upload an excel workbook into sharepoint which updated a sharepoint
library.  The infopath 2007 forms will put your data into a sharepoint
library and a workflow has to be set up to hook the infopath 2007 form to
the sharepoint library.  Think of the workflow as a pipe connecting two
appliances.  The workflow is something a sharepoint programmer will have
to set up to make all of this work.  One thing I remember from filling out
that first form, there were blank lines between each question and answer
set.  If anyone else tries this and has different experiences I'd like to
know about them since you may have been asked to fill out a different kind
of form for where these technical notes don't work at all or only partly
work.  This information was sent along to freedom scientific which didn't
have it Wednesday morning since they didn't support infopath 2007 and
didn't know how it links up with sharepoint 2010 yet.  That has now
changed.