[gui-talk] NFB Newsline app now available

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 02:16:00 UTC 2012

If you have a custom set of TV listing favorites, there is a Jump to
Channel edit box toward the bottom of a particular channel's listing,
which seems very handy. From reading about the different methods of
access some time ago, I recall reading that you can have different
types and numbers of publications on each method. For instance, I may
have only 5 papers/magazines on the favorites area of Newsline by
phone, but I can have double that number in other method, like the iOS
app. If this is still true, it makes managing favorites on the go a
lot easier and gives many more options than you had over the phone.
There appears to also be an option to download the paper/magazine to
your phone as a subscription, verses reading it on the "service." this
may help those that are on low or limited data plans. I've been
anxiously awaiting a Newsline app and expect that it will be one I use
often. The app has already caused me to delete 2 of the other news
apps I had on my phone that I never used. Why go elsewhere when
Newsline has it!

Regards,
Wayne