[gui-talk] Extension for tech instructor opening at Criss Cole

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 14:25:55 UTC 2012

Greetings. The following position has been extended and is opened
until filled. In addition, there are two positions with this same
opening, so if one is filled, the other will remain open until it is
filled. If you are interested in working at a state training center as
a technology instructor, then read on.

Please pass this on to anyone or any list you know that may be interested.

A technology position has opened at the Criss Cole Rehabilitation
Center. These positions do not occur often so if this interests you,
read on. Criss Cole is the adult training center for the blind in
Austin, Texas. Though I do not know for sure, I do not believe that
CCRC offers any relocation assistance. This is also not a short term
position, it is a full time job opening. The position is open until
filled. I am a technology instructor at CCRC and can answer any
questions anyone may have, or may forward your question to my
supervisor, who is actually doing the hiring. The applicant should be
familiar with using Windows 7, current Office 2010 software, such as
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Internet Explorer; JAWS,
Window-Eyes, Zoom Text and Magic, iOS, and other common mainstream and
assistive technologies.

I can't recall a time when the technology department has had two job
openings, so if this interests you, then jump on it.

 The link to the job description for external applicants is:
https://rm.accesshr.hhsc.state.tx.us/ENG/careerportal/Job_Profile.cfm?szOrderID=205278&szReturnToSearch=1&&szWordsToHighlight=blind

If that link does not work, go to:
http://accesshr.hhsc.state.tx.us

And click on the link, HHS job opportunities for external applicants
only. That will take you to a form where you can put CCRC in the edit
box, choose Austin in the city combo box, and Department of Assistive
and Rehabilitative services (which will likely be shortened) in the
agency combo box, then do a search.

Regards,
Wayne Merritt
wcmerritt at gmail.com