[gui-talk] having trouble pairing bluetooth braille display with my pc

Beth Wright beth.wright at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 24 01:16:59 UTC 2012

Hi, listers.

I've used a braille notetaker for years, but am just now trying to enter the world of braille displays.  I have a combination notetaker and braille display called a Mini Seika, which is now supported by a lot of screenreaders, but I can't figure out how to pair it with my computer.  My pc doesn't have bluetooth, so I installed the driver for the usb bluetooth dongle that came with my display.  I then plugged the dongle into a usb port, turned on the display, and turned on bluetooth on the display.  I pushed "search for devices" on my computer, and waited, and waited.  Does anybody have any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?  This is new to me, and I might be missing some steps.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Beth Wright