[gui-talk] File downloads not working with internet explorer

Humberto Avila avila.bert.humberto2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 23:38:13 UTC 2012

Dear Antonio,

The problem is not with your version of JAWS, neither with the
inaccessibility of the web site. Sometimes when you open web sites with lots
of pdf's embedded in it, Adobe Reader, if installed, will automatically open
such documents on the browser by default. Do  you have the Adobe Reader from
adobe.com on your system? If so you can change this setting in the Adobe
Reader preferences dialog. Just explore through the menus and you can find
it. This is most likely why you can't read web pages like that, since JAWS
does not support this mode.
I am assuming you have this software installed because you are reporting the
problem you are reporting. And a last word of warning, please don't start
calling Freedom Scientific support before you even read this very e-mail
message or others from other people regarding this issue on this list. We
can probably solve your problem before them. Heck It will save them time and
energy as well! <smile>

Cheers,
Humberto