[gui-talk] preliminary subjective limited results for outlook.com

Hoffman, Allen Allen.Hoffman at HQ.DHS.GOV
Wed Aug 1 14:57:02 UTC 2012

FYI
Microsoft has released www.outlook.com<http://www.outlook.com> preview as a replacement for hotmail.com's email system.
My initial login and email usage was not too bad in terms of use with a screen reader.
NVDA worked OK with it.
The CCAPTCHA on the login was completely impossible to use-I could not understand the audio alternative to the picture and had to get assistance.
After that it was not too bad.

I recommend folks try it out and send feedback to Microsoft on your experience.  The more feedback regarding accessibility they get the more likely inaccessible things will get fixed.

Allen Hoffman