[gui-talk] iTunes and Learning Ally iPhone App

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Sep 24 16:52:13 UTC 2011

Greetings.

Before you read further, please don't answer my question by telling me I
should purchase a Mac. If I were a relation of Steve Jobs, I might. However,
I require compatibility with various Windows apps and am used to Windows and
don't have a fortune to spend so I'm sticking with Windows 7 for the time
being.

My question: has anyone else had problems transferring files to the Learning
Ally iPhone app using the latest versions of the app and iTunes? When I go
to the File Sharing tab and hit the "Add" button and select the correct file
and hit the Open button, nothing happens; I'm just sent back to the Add
button. I *seem* to be able to transfer files back and forth using other
iPhone apps such as Filer but even this seems eratic at times as I don't
always see the files on my iPhone using iTunes in the file sharing area as I
should. I'm running the latest JAWS 12 release and obviously the latest
iTunes and the latest iPhone 4 software. But this isn't a JAWS issue as I
have the same problem when using NVDA.

I've called Apple Care but so far haven't gotten to someone who uses or
understands iTunes using the keyboard as opposed to dragging/dropping files
with a rodent. I called Learning Ally and they haven't encountered the
problem or at least they're not fessing up to it.

I was able to transfer Learning Ally zip files to the iPhone at one time but
I've had trouble transferring files using iTunes for some time.

Any help (sans snide remarks) is appreciated. Ah yes . I'm using Windows 7
so it just might be operator error using the file dialog but I rather doubt
it.

T I A!

Mike Freeman