[gui-talk] Outlook Express Question

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri Sep 23 04:14:29 UTC 2011

Hi, Dave.

It's been a while since I used O E but here's what you want to do although I
may have the name of the appropriate button slightly off.

Outlook Express folders have an extension of .DBX. So in essence what you
want to do is delete the "sentmail.dbx" folder. You find the path to these
.DBX files by going to Tools, Options, and control-tabbing to the "advanced"
tab. The button you want has a name something like "Store folders". Activate
this button with spacebar and you will get a gawdawfully long path. Copy
this to the clipboard. Then run Windows Explorer and tab to the address box.
Clear it and paste that long path you got from O E into the address box. Now
tab over to the list of files and you should see a list of .DBX files. Now
all you must do is delete the sentmail.dbx file. This should be done, of
course, after Outlook Express has been closed. The next time you open
Outlook Express, it should create an empty sentmail folder.

As I say, it's been a while since I've mesed with these but I think I've got
it right.

Mike Freeman