[gui-talk] Outlook not downloading images in email

Keith Christian keithchristian at roadrunner.com
Sun Sep 18 14:45:23 UTC 2011

Hi,

I get emails frequently from merchants that I have subscribed to.  But in
the emails are many images that are not downloaded.  Instead of the image, I
hear the following.

Right click here to download pictures. To help protect your privacy Outlook
has prevented this picture to be automatically being downloaded From the
internet

It replaces every image and it drives me nuts.  I have dug through the
settings in Outlook and can't find anything about  allowing the download of
pictures.  Can anyone tell me where I might find the setting to turn it back
on?  One of the settings that I turned on recently is view all email
messages as text, but I unchecked that box and it did not fix the problem.

Thanks,

Keith