[gui-talk] Phantom Windows

Allan Ridley superski at talktalk.net
Fri Sep 16 14:49:02 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: gui-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:gui-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Mike Freeman
Sent: 12 September 2011 1:35 AM
To: gui-talk at nfbnet.org
Subject: [gui-talk] Phantom Windows

Hi.

AMD:CCC-AEMCapturingWindow

This window is hidden in windows 7 32 bit 64 bit and Vista versions, window
eyes also says this window name mainly when shutting down this happens on my
hp laptop and other machines running windows 7 that I use.   After a web
search there seems to be thousands of people trying to find and answer to
this question as it is stopping some peoples computers from shutting down.

Sorry I cannot be of more help

Cheers
Allan

I'm running windows 7 64-bit and the latest update of JAWS 12 on a HP
Pavillion DV7 laptop. Once the system comes all the way up and everything is
running, JAWS sees the following windows but sighted people say that nothing
like this appears on the screen. Any idea what's going on here? Here's the
virtualized output of the window List dialog showing these "phantom"
windows:

graphic 165  Window List graphic 798

Running Applications

{94F11419-869E-47aa-9563-F48591285CAD}   Restored

AMD:CCC-AEMCapturingWindow   Restored

Switch To Cancel About

Incidentally, if I hit Alt-F4 on these "phantom" windows, they appear to
close and I'm left at the desktop.

As King Monkut says in The King and I: "Is a puzzlement!"

Mike Freeman