[gui-talk] AOL error

GREGORY ROSENBERG gregg at ricis.com
Tue Oct 25 04:59:22 UTC 2011

Good evening Rick,

An 554 RLY:B2 indicates
This error message indicates that a hard block has been placed against your IP address due to poor IP reputation. Resolution will require opening a support requestonce the IP reputation can be improved.

In lay persons terms this means that the IP address of your computer is perceived to be not following Internet etiquette.

What type of Internet connect are you using dial-up, cable, DSL, …?
What are you running for Anti-Virus / Anti-Malware software?

Best case scenario, there are people in your ISPs IP address block that caused their entire address block to be banned. If this is the case a call to your ISP's help desk might bring some clarity.

Worst case, but frequently the case:

My initial thoughts are that your machine could be compromised by malware or a some type of virus.
Your machine could be part of a zombie net. That is it being remotely controlled.

I have been using the Internet from 1979 when it was called the ARPANet. I am happy to assist any of my fellow federationists any way I can.