[gui-talk] strange IE8 problem

Rick Roderick rickrod at insightbb.com
Sat Oct 22 04:05:15 UTC 2011

    Hello everyone,

I have been using IE8 with Windows Vista for a long time.  I have not had
any problems with it, until now.

I have always been able to get a Javascript to open with the Enter key.
Now, when I hit Enter on a link, I hear a pop, and nothing happens.  When I
press Shift-F10 and go to open, It the new window opens.

When I press Control-Enter, it works.  So, why has Enter by itself quit
working.

I can get it to work if I turn Protected zone off, but IE8 doesn't like this
and makes Bonks every time I open it.

This problem occurs with both JAWS and Window-eyes, and it doesn't occur
with Firefox.

By the way, I have pop-up blocker turned off.