[gui-talk] Seeking Guidance On MSIE8

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Mon May 30 13:06:05 UTC 2011

I don't think I would upgrade to MSIE 8 unless you use a web site that requires it.  I used IE 7 and then IE 8 and did
not notice much difference in accessibility, but I have had more hangs with IE 8.  IE 8 is very good at crashing without
bringing one's entire system down, though, so if you are having crashes with IE 7 that require you to reboot, you might
want IE 8.  I would definitely hold off on going to IE 9, though.  For IE 9 to work you will definitely need to upgrade to
your latest screen reader version, and how pages are displayed has changed completely so there are still some rough
spots with and without screen readers.  Some will recommend it, though, because it is said to be faster.  However, if
you are using JFW 8 or 9 or even 10, I don't think IE 9 will work at all.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson